L1 Science: BioChem - Semester B
Level 1 Science: BioChem - Semester B
We all show variation from other humans. Learn how this occurs and what leads to genetic biodiversity. In the acids and bases topic we will discuss the structure of atoms and how that leads to the formation of ionic compounds. Students will learn to understand the pH scale and investigate factors that affect chemical reactions.
- Skills: Students will gain understanding of Genetics and Acids and Bases which can lead into Level 2 courses in Biology and Chemistry
- Participation and contributing: carrying out practical tasks and co-operating within a group
- Relating to others: communicating findings and discussing data
- Using language, symbols and text: Using ions, periodic table and symbol equations. Using and explain Punnett Squares
- Managing self: Ensuring study and revision is undertaken
- Thinking: to be curious about genetic variation and neutralisation in the real world
In order to gain a Course Endorsement, students will have to have studied a Semester A Science course.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement, however, you will need to select both Semester A and B.
Total Credits Available: 8 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Selection of a course does not guarantee entry into the course. Courses may not run due to low numbers and timetable clashes may occur. In both of these situations, the student will be consulted about alternative courses during the Course Confirmation process.