L1 Science - Astrobiology - Semester B
Teacher in Charge: Mrs B. Aziz
Level 1 Science - Astrobiology - Semester B
Natural disasters happen all the time. Some are small, some are world-changing. Life has a way of coping. We will investigate how.
- Participation and contributing: Students will be able to discuss the implications of asteroid strikes and other high impact events.
- Relating to others: Understanding the psychological, physical and financial impact of earthquakes on others. Working as groups on project work, finding and utilising their strengths.
- Using language, symbols and text: Reports can be constructed in a range of formats. Use of correct scientific terminology and units when discussing asteroids, genetics and evolution.
- Managing self: Much of the work will be self directed and student choice and agency will form a large part of how this unit will run.
- Thinking: This unit can be seen on multiple levels. We will be encouraging students to think beyond the physical aspects of earth science and look at the human and biological impacts of large scale events
In order to gain a Course Endorsement, students will have to have studied a Semester A Science course.
Total Credits Available: 8 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Selection of a course does not guarantee entry into the course. Courses may not run due to low numbers and timetable clashes may occur. In both of these situations, the student will be consulted about alternative courses during the Course Confirmation process.