Studying business enables students to appreciate the issues that challenge businesses and their stakeholders. In a rapidly changing world, it is important that we are able to make informed and rational decisions about business matters. Business contributes to the development of a culture of enterprise in New Zealand and supports our efforts to improve economic and community well-being.
Business studies creates opportunities for students to:
Evidence of an enterprising spirit abounds in New Zealand's history and is an aspect of our multicultural national identity. Enterprise and business entrepreneurship are essential to New Zealand's economic future.
- understand the role of business in society and the economy
- explore enterprise culture
- develop the key competencies and the values and attitudes through fostering of such qualities as initiative, resilience, and resourcefulness and the skills of problem solving, co-operation, decision making, negotiation, and communicating
- gain knowledge and understanding of good business practice and run a small business
- acquire greater financial capability
Courses in this Learning Area
Marketing Manager, Marketing Executive, Sales Manager, Banker, Market Researcher, Advertising, Sports Marketer, Events Manager, Teacher, Small Business Manager, Financial Analyst, Product Manager, Product Development, Human Resources Advisor, Recruitment Manager, Entrepreneur (in your own business), Journalist, Investment Banking, Retail Buying, Retail Management, Public Relations Officer, Bank Management, Distribution & Logistics Management, Insurance Underwriter, International Market Developer, Property Manager, Property Valuer, Property Developer,