HORTICULTURE CAN BE SELECTED AS A L1 CORE SCIENCE and/or AS AN OPTION SUBJECT
This course studies plant biology, management and practical propagation skills
Through inspiration, careful observation, and critical thinking, scientists discover, invent, adapt, combine, and by the end of this course you will be able to:
* Apply ideas. Knowledge gained from scientific research finds its way into countless practical
* Demonstrate practical skills such as pruning, cutting and tool care applications/technologies that benefit humankind.
* Design a landscape plan that caters for use requirements such as shelter, privacy and safety.
* Formulate a hypothesis and test the hypothesis with a suitable method.
* Grow and care for plants
* Understand how growing conditions link to the plants need to respire and photosynthesis
* Understand the physical, chemical and biological properties of different types of soil.