L3 Physics - Semester A
Teacher in Charge: Miss S. Garlick
Level 3 Physics - Semester A
Develop understanding of Mechanics and Atomic Physics in the real world.
Students who enjoy problem solving, have an interest in Physics and are intending on continuing on to do a Physics based University degree should take this course.
Skills and Competencies taught:
- Research skills - Finding and evaluating information and apply physics concepts to a real-world example
- Communication skills using language, symbols and text - Write comprehensive statements that demonstrate understanding of connections between mechanical physics concepts
- Managing self - Safely plan and carry out practical investigations to demonstrate physical phenomena
- Participating and contributing: Carry out practical activities in groups
- Relating to others - apply physics concepts to a real-world example
In order to gain Course Endorsement or UE, students must study both Semester A and B of Level 3 Physics.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement, however, you will need to select both Semester A and B.
This course is approved for University Entrance however, you will need to select both Semester A and B.
Total Credits Available: 9 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 6 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 3 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 9
At least 14 Achieved credits are required in an approved subject for the subject to count as an approved University Entrance subject. You will need to take both Semesters at Level 3 to earn 14 credits as each semester usually offers 8-10 credits.
Selection of a course does not guarantee entry into the course. Courses may not run due to low numbers and timetable clashes may occur. In both of these situations, the student will be consulted about alternative courses during the Course Confirmation process.